Besides the campers themselves,
counselors are the most important part of Camp Basic.
Counselors lead campers to a deeper understanding of what Christ has done for them in their own actions, in their own smiles, in their own expressions of love for each other.
Counselors actually become a part of the camper's life for a week, doing a lot of listening, doing a lot of sharing, doing a lot of caring, and doing a lot of sharing Jesus' love. The reward is not financial. But you just can't buy spiritual eternal faith-building experiences that you gain as a counselor serving your Savior and your Brothers And Sisters In Christ.
Thanks Camp BASIC!
Counselor's Daily Duties
In the Morning
- wake up
- brush teeth
- take a shower
- get dressed
- make the beds
- comb hair
- take any necessary medications
- get to breakfast
- sit together as a team, campers sit with counselors
- help the campers clean up after the meal
During Rest Time
- help your camper settle down and rest during the afternoon rest time
- get your camper up and ready for the afternoon activity
- sit together and sing together on the bus
- keep the campers in your team participating in the event, helping and encouraging them as needed
- make sure medication is taken
- help campers get ready for bed
- say nighttime prayer
- talk with them and help them settle in
- stay with them until settled, especially in bad weather
- some of the counselors are assigned to start the evening camp fire
- some are asked to lead an evening devotion.